Green Kitchen Stories share their gluten-free healthy banana pancakes with coconut and jam. They don’t blend the seeds, but you can if you prefer smoother jam.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 40 minutes
Four; jam recipe makes 6-8 small jars
For the pancakes:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 organic eggs
- 100g dessicated coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- coconut oil, for frying
For the jam:
- 3 ripe pomegranates
- 250g frozen raspberries
- 120ml agave nectar, or to taste
- 1 handful fresh thyme leaves
- juice of ½ lemon
- First make the jam. Halve the pomegranates and, holding them upside-down over a large bowl, tap the skin with a wooden spoon so that the seeds and any juice drop into the bowl. Discard the peel and membranes. Alternatively, fill the bowl with water and, with your hands submerged, release the seeds with your fingers, then scoop them out.
- Put the juice and seeds in a large saucepan, add the raspberries and agave nectar and heat slowly, stirring well. As soon as the mixture begins to boil, lower the heat, stir in the thyme leaves and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile sterilise the jars by boiling them in hot water for several minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan. Keep it on the heat for one more minute, then carefully pour it into the sterilised jars and close the lids. Allow to set at room temperature, then refrigerate. This will stay fresh in the fridge for a few weeks.
- To make the pancakes, peel the bananas and mash with a fork. Whisk the eggs in a bowl, mix with the mashed bananas, add the dessicated coconut and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying-pan over a medium heat. Pour three small portions of the batter into the pan at a time and fry the pancakes on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with the pomegranate jam and a dollop of natural yogurt, if you like.
Recipe from greenkitchenstories.com