Defendant tells Old Bailey he is ‘deeply saddened’ by girl scout’s death

Defendant tells Old Bailey he is 'deeply saddened' by girl scout's death

One of the men accused of murdering girl scout Jodie Chesney said he is “deeply saddened” by the “unprovoked attack on an innocent girl who had her whole life ahead of her”.
Manuel Petrovic, 20, is on trial at the Old Bailey, along with three others, accused of killing the 17-year-old, who was stabbed in the back as she sat on a park bench in Romford, East London, on the evening of March 1.
Petrovic was arrested shortly afterwards and gave police a prepared statement in which he denied any involvement in the murder.
“I am deeply saddened by her death and feel for her friends and family,” said the statement, which was read to jurors today.
“A young life has been taken away in what seems to be an unprovoked attack on an innocent girl who had her whole life ahead of her.”
A witness reported seeing a black Vauxhall Corsa with its engine running near the park around the time of the murder, and two males jumping into the car with the driver before it pulled away.
Petrovic admitted owning the car and having a mobile phone he used for selling cannabis.
But he refused to name anyone he had been with the night of Jodie’s murder as he said he feared for his and his family’s safety.

window.clientlibs.js.twitter_js = {
test: “document.querySelectorAll && document.querySelectorAll(‘.twitter-follow-button, .twitter-tweet, .twitter-timeline’).length === 0”,
load: [“//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”]
};

window.clientlibs.js.ooyala_core = {
test: true,
load: [“/etc/designs/telegraph/core/clientlibs/core/vendor/ooyala/ooyala-player.min.js”, “https://sb.scorecardresearch.com/c2/plugins/streamingtag_plugin_ooyalav4.js”]
};
window.clientlibs.js.facebook_sdk = {
test: “document.querySelectorAll && document.querySelectorAll(‘.fb-page’).length === 0”,
load: [“//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js”]
};


Source link