K-pop sex scandal widens as third star resigns from showbusiness 

K-pop sex scandal widens as third star resigns from showbusiness 

Both men appeared for questioning at a Seoul police station on Thursday and were besieged by press. 

“I once again lower my head and apologise to the people and all others who were hurt,” said Seungri, bowing deeply. “I’ll faithfully undergo an investigation and give sincere answers,” he added.

Mr Jung also pledged to “faithfully undergo an investigation.” He previously expressed remorse towards the affected women. “I kneel down to apologise to the women who appear in the videos and all those who might be disappointed and upset at this shocking incident,” he said. 

The police investigation has drawn attention to the dark underbelly of the K-pop industry, which has skyrocketed globally in recent years, trading on the untarnished image of its perfectly choreographed boy and girl bands. 

Many K-pop stars are recruited by talent agencies as teenagers and undergo intensive training to groom them to perfection.

The latest allegations have raised questions about whether the fiercely competitive industry has seen morals sacrificed along the path to fame.    

Source link